Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 8: RSS-ing

Holy smokes, are there a lot of blogs out there or WHAT? The closest I've ever come to playing around with aggregators is My Yahoo, and that's limited to the amount of bloggage you can follow. Ah, but NOW! Bloglines is a pretty handy tool, I've got to say. We're supposed to find 10 but the more I search around, the more I find to follow. The Bloglines Quick Picks is by far the easiest thing to use to add stuff, but I did manage to find the rockin' cool orange button on the blogs I already read pretty quickly. It's convenient to have everything in one place - especially for library school. We're expected to keep up with all the latest, and this is a good way to do it. Libraries can really get news and new title information out to the masses easily with feeds, as long as patrons think to subscribe to them. They may not know the wonder that is Bloglines yet, right?

1 comment:

  1. Here's how awesome Bloglines is for me:
    1. I have subscribed to the RSS feed of a site where people upload tv shows they've recorded so that Monday morning, I can get my episodes of Big Love & Flight of the Conchords since I don't get HBO.
    2. Through TCCL's subscription to EBSCOHost, I have a feed setup for Consumer Reports so every month or so, I get the most recent edition.

    ReplyDelete